I am trying to help my friend, Kai, raise funds to come to the U.S. and study for her master’s in social work. As mentioned previously, she is a victim of human trafficking, who is dedicating her career to helping others break free of this vicious cycle.
To help out, I am willing to offer 4 painting lessons (including critiques and suggestions on improvement) to those who would like to learn how to paint a bird of their choice – either your photo, or one of mine, to the first 11 people who read this post, and donate $20 or more to her campaign on indiegogo (click here to visit her page). I have to limit the number of people to 11, to give you the time and attention you would deserve.
If you do choose to do so, please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know that you would like your lessons.
The lessons will include:
- How to sketch a bird and rough out the background, including tips on good design
- Blocking in your colors, with tips on the types and sizes of brushes to use, how to mix the colors, and how to get the values blocked in
- Up to 3 critiques of your painting
- How to get the “fine details” that will make your painting stand out.
- Feather patterns and how to portray them
- Color harmony
- Using the background to make a better painting (some landscape painting tips)
I look forward to helping other artists with learning how to paint birds, one of my favorite subjects.
And to helping a friend who really deserves it.